Thursday, May 20, 2010

BIASED ACTIONS UNDER THE BANNER OF LAW

LOOK HOW THE INDIAN POLICE CONCOCTS BIASED STORIES AND LEAVE NO STONE UN-TURNED TO PUNISH THE HUSBAND AND HIS FAMILY.

PATHETICALLY SICK INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MARRIAGE .


Surat woman alleges dowry harassment; case against husband, kin
Post Comment Larger | Smaller
MANOJ MORE
Tags : crime, dowry
Posted: Thu May 20 2010, 03:19 hrs

They had made their match through a matrimonial website, but the Internet
marriage had gone wrong for the Pune boy and Surat girl in nearly two years.
While 27-year-old Swati Singh accuses Chetan Agnihotri and his family of
harassing her for dowry, the husband says Swati was using pressure tactics and
false allegations to separate him from his old parents.
Swati, an MBA, has filed an FIR of dowry demand, mental and physical torture
against her husband, his mother, father and sister with the Surat police. A
Surat police team had landed in Pune in February and arrested all of them. They
were released on bail by a Surat court after a day in custody.

Surat police inspector Krishnaben Dabhi said the four were booked for dowry
demand and mental and physical torture. "They were arrested; and released by the
court on bail. We have also filed a chargesheet against them," she said.

Swati is a Rajasthani Rajput and Agnihotri a Maharashtrian Brahmin.

They had been living in Vimannagar area here after their wedding.

Swati said her mental and physical torture had begun right after their week-long
honeymoon. "A week after honeymoon, my mother-in-law started finding faults with
my eating habits. My father-in-law and sister-in-law too joined in. All the
three used to abuse me for bringing what they said was paltry dowry. They used
to repeatedly ask me to bring more dowry from my parents."

Swati's brother Ishant Singh alleged that his family paid Rs 5 lakh in cash to
Chetan's family at the time of wedding. "But the demands never ended. We have
given them a washing machine, LCD and several other electronic appliances. And
now, Chetan is demanding Rs 12 lakh for buying a Honda Civic."

Ishant said his sister used to come home every third month after the wedding.

However, Chetan denies all the allegations. "I earn so much that I don't need
anybody's money. In fact, during our marriage I had told Swati's father that we
should have a registered marriage and not waste money. She was my dream girl.
But now what she had done to my family, it has hurt me and every member of my
family badly. I will not forgive her."

Chetan alleges that Swati is acting at the behest of her mother. "My
mother-in-law is provoking Swati to pressure me into living separately with her.
How can I leave my old parents? They are not in a position to look after
themselves. When a woman makes a complaint, the police immediately acts against
the husband. But, they should first understand the facts. My family has gone
through hell for no fault of ours. Marital disputes should not go to the
police."
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/surat-woman-alleges-dowry-harassment;-case-aga\
inst-husband-kin/621281/0

1 comment:

saggy said...

Chetan is one of my best buddies. i know him very well.. infact i saw his frustration when i was in India last year. we friends were in contact with him as he was troubled coz his wife Swati was pressurising him to leave seperately. His parents are very simple people. we all know the true story. The Girl has done very evil thing.She is lying. this is sheer absolute abuse of law.